I'm Allergic To:

I'm Allergic To: Corn, Avocado, Barley, Coconut, Gluten, Lettuce, Mustard, Peach, Peanut, Soy, Wheat, Cashew, Egg, Cow milk, Green Olives, Banana, Tea, Coffee, Chicken

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Bean Burgers - The Sequel

I made more bean burgers. And I made bean meatballs. So I took pictures, like a good little blogger.

The Ingredients:
From Left to right - Ground Flax, Water, Spices, Rice Crumbs
Center - 2 cans of beans; I used black and white northern.

Step 1: Make an Egg


If you're not egg-allergic, you can skip this step and just use a real egg. If you're like me, mix 1 tbsp of Ground Flax with 3 tbsp of water. Let sit.

Step 2: Make the Mixture

 

Take a fork. Mash the beans until they're nice and mashed.


Add your "breadcrumbs". I used rice crumbs, but I've also used GF Flour.


Add the "egg". 


Add whatever spices you deem fit. I just kinda added pinches of onion powder, oregano, and garlic powder. I use Penzey's brand spices, as McCormick is NOT CORN FREE.

Step 3: Form and Cook


Shape the mixture however you'd like. I did mostly meatballs plus a patty.


Fry them off. I used Grapeseed oil.


Let sit on paper towel while you cook the rest.

Yummy!
 Step 4: Serve!


I topped mine with fresh goat cheese from the Farmer's Market. Yummy yummy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment