I'm Allergic To:

I'm Allergic To: Corn, Avocado, Barley, Coconut, Gluten, Lettuce, Mustard, Peach, Peanut, Soy, Wheat, Cashew, Egg, Cow milk, Green Olives, Banana, Tea, Coffee, Chicken

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Bean Burgers

I decided that I was going to try to make bean burger patties for lunch. I mean, I had leftover white northern beans from dinner yesterday. Why not?

I got my original recipe from Pioneer Woman.

INGREDIENTS:

Mashed Beans - I had white northern beans. That works. I just smashed them with a fork.

Breadcrumbs - Um... No breadcrumbs. I used a little less Allergy Friendly Flour Blend than the amount of breadcrumbs than called for.

Egg - Welllllll, yes, I used egg. Though, I read that you can use 1 Tbsp of Ground Flax with 3 Tbsp of water and let sit for 5 minutes. I just didn't have any Ground Flax.

Chili Powder - I used a homemade taco seasoning blend of Penzey's Spices. If I can find the recipe, I'll post it.

I skipped the rest of the ingredients, though I wish I had added more spices.

Basically, mix it all up and make a patty. Fry in equal parts oil and butter. I used coconut oil and Kerrygold butter... I know, I know, I'm allergic to coconut and cow's milk. Chill, okay? Small amounts and I didn't have noticeable reaction.

I just topped mine with a very small piece of swiss cheese, mainly because I need to use it up before it goes bad. I know it was a bad idea. But I didn't react. So I'm okay.

When I have safe bread again, I'll make buns and make them again! They were delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment